Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Sustainable, fun and "sexy" designers/brands?

Hello, as a 19 year old girl who is dating around and going out a lot I never see a lot of options for sustainable designers. It is very easy to get mislead by vague paragraphs about brands sustainability and ethics, especially as someone who has unfortunately not been as knowledgeable on this topic previously. I recently bought a 300 dollar dress only to find out from a friend that while the materials are good, the brand uses sweatshops in 3rd world countries for cheap and hard labour which I find cruel.

I have always thought that "luxury" brands would actually take care of their workers based on the price they charge the customers, but I find that to be naive and stupid of me and I hope to do my part in humanity and minimise the impact of my consumption choices on the exploitation of workers. I plan to be more mindful and support brands that are transparent about their labor practices and prioritize fair treatment of their employees.

So if you could drop any recommendations of brands or boutiques (in store around the tri-state area only please) where you know for a fact the workers are compensated fairly well it would be much appreciated, as most of the ones I have seen so far are very classy and professional clothing and not what I am looking for. Your help will be much appreciated, take care. <3



Submitted July 30, 2024 at 06:40PM by Odd-Blueberry7193 https://ift.tt/acCjb6N

No comments:

Post a Comment