Thursday, August 22, 2024

I don't understand all the hate for people who resell clothing from thrift stores

Is this that unpopular?

Have you guys ever seen a goodwill bin outlet? I saw one while traveling and holy cow it's (really fun to shop in don't let me discourage you) terrifying. There is so much clothing. Everyone has their carts full of clothing, tens of people, many with multiple carts and it looks like they haven't taken a stitch.

The bins all still look as full as it seems they could possibly get. And every twenty-forty minutes they bring more clothing. Nice expensive clothing, cheap clothing, new clothing, vintage clothing, in every size and color.

And when they take the bins away they're still full of clothing! Sure some of it's a little gross but honestly 85% of it is not in the least.

Even regular thrift stores get so much clothing. But if it doesn't get bought it goes to the dump. And there are people who can't go to the thrift stores for whatever reason, time or disability. And so why is it wrong for people to sort the nice clothing out of these places and put it online to make it more accessible? I don't care if they make money doing that, specialized knowledge like how to identify and properly clean delicate garments does deserve pay.

I only shop second hand right now, and anecdotally I don't think they've made it harder for me to find stuff. At least definitely not compared to the annoying management at a lot of thrift stores.



Submitted August 22, 2024 at 01:10PM by MissWolfsbane77 https://ift.tt/b7pCd4I

No comments:

Post a Comment