Tuesday, August 13, 2024

What is the best approach to sustainable fashion?

We all know that sustainable fashion is super nuanced and there is no 100% right or wrong approach. But I wanted to ask your thoughts on my approach to it. I was always super conscious about shopping, I was never a compulsive buyer and I always treated my wardrobe and clothes as some form of self expression and art, so I was trying to fill it with quality pieces that will serve me for years. However, I still buy sometimes some items from fast fashion. I do not buy from ultra fast fashion brands like SHEIN or even H&M, Bershka, Zara ecc, but I can sometimes buy some items from Mango, basic t-shirts from Uniqlo or something on Zalando if I see that the item I am buying is from quality materials, it’s made well and I know that it’s something I will wear for many years. I have a good eye for these things and there are many items in my wardrobe that I’ve been wearing for 10 years which are fast fashion. However I also thrift a lot, I buy second hand, I wear a lot of handmade and buy from small, ethical brands. My philosophy stays the same however - I never buy just to buy, I always choose only quality items, I never buy items I am not wearing after. If I see I am not wearing anymore something in my wardrobe and I know that I will not change my mind in a year - I sell it or swap with my friends. What do you think about my approach? Does it make sense to you? Or should I quit fast fashion for good?



Submitted August 13, 2024 at 09:53AM by MuchAccount2085 https://ift.tt/tIKHlUz

No comments:

Post a Comment