Thursday, September 12, 2024

Avoid Jan 'N June if you're not in Germany

Great that they're sustainable and everything, but if you live outside of Germany, good luck returning anything. The clothes are also thin and flimsy, not anything to shout about.

I purchased S$300 worth of clothes in Feb this year (I'm in Singapore) and tried sending it back not just once but twice, spending more than S$150 in the process. I sent it back with Singapore Post the first time, but thought maybe Singapore Post wasn't reliable enough so I went with DHL the second time round.

But both times the items were held at the German customs, then returned to me. Apparently it's a German customs thing? I don't know what it is with the German customs, but even though I'd clearly indicated that this was returned goods in the customs declaration and attached the invoice (as advised by their customer service), the parcel still didn't manage to clear their customs. I even put the Jan 'N June customer service in touch with the DHL Germany staff to get the clearance but even that didn't work. So now the parcel is on its way back to me.

This whole thing has taken 7 months, and I think I'll never see my money again. I don't know why they can deliver to Singapore but they're unable to advise me on how to return their goods to Germany. At this point I feel like I've wasted too much money to try again. I should have just given up after the first time.



Submitted September 12, 2024 at 05:51AM by New_Departure_4859 https://ift.tt/FAkpnR7

No comments:

Post a Comment