I'm not trying to start an argument about this topic. I know there are people with strong opinions about this, and I respect that. I just want to get more educated about it, and this seems like the best place for that.
For a long time now, I've heard that faux leather is worse for the environment than real leather products. Because it's basically plastic. I also heard that leather is a byproduct of the meat industry, so it's not like the animal is being raised for that purpose. HOWEVER, I clearly understand that there's still an animal that suffered and died, and at the end of the day, we're wearing somebody's skin. If we really think about it.
At this point, I'm just trying to make the best decision. I don't mind buying a cheaper faux leather option (compared to real leather). I have some shoes that lasted me for a long, long time. I just don't know at this point what the best environmental choice is.
Is buying secondhand real leather a good option? Since we're not directly contributing to the demand?
ps: I am not vegan, that's why this is still a question for me. Once again, I'm trying to learn <3
Submitted 2026-09-01T10:15:06Z by oksweetpea https://ift.tt/JstjhV6
No comments:
Post a Comment