Monday, September 9, 2024

How common are carbon offsetting programs in large businesses?

Hey, guys!

I was wondering if there’s a way to measure total carbon offsets, particularly for large scale business.

I recently had a client mention their company's offsetting program, where they track the environmental impact they make and try to balance it out at the end of each fiscal year. And it sounded pretty unrealistic to me.

Here’s the thing: I get that reducing the impact from the start makes a lot more sense, but offsetting seems like an option too.

So, I am actually curious to know how many companies actually spend money on this? Like, are businesses out there taking real steps to reduce the impact they've already made through their operations?

I know a lot of the focus is on sustainable practices, like using fewer resources or going green from the beginning, but I wonder how widespread offsetting programs are in practice.

If you know a company who is doing this (or even thinking of doing it/advertising about it), please mention their names below.

Any leads help!



Submitted September 09, 2024 at 03:07AM by Expensive-Yogurt-36 https://ift.tt/Ks8qIak

No comments:

Post a Comment