Friday, October 2, 2026

Ordered a Rapanui T-shirt, received Earth Positive twice — has anyone else experienced this?

I ordered Rapanui’s Organic Cotton T-shirt for a long-term experiment I’m running comparing white T-shirts through wash and wear. What arrived was a T-shirt labelled Earth Positive.

At first, I assumed it was a warehouse mix-up. I mentioned the unexpected Earth Positive delivery in my first email to Rapanui, but they treated my order as missing and arranged a replacement.

The replacement was… another Earth Positive T-shirt. This time, the shipping label clearly identified Teemill, the company behind Rapanui, as the sender.

When I asked directly about this, they explained that their factory sometimes uses alternatives from approved suppliers when a particular product is out of stock. They said these have the same quality, fit and durability, and that using available stock avoids express airfreight.

In a later email, however, they said their European factory in Prague had gradually transitioned away from Rapanui products and was stocking Earth Positive and Stanley/Stella items. They apologised that this hadn’t been communicated properly on the website.

I received a refund, so the financial side is resolved. But I’m still puzzled by the idea of supplying another brand’s product - and especially doing so without telling the customer.

Has anyone else received an Earth Positive or Stanley/Stella T-shirt when ordering from Rapanui? Or had a similar experience with another clothing brand? I’d be interested to hear whether you were told about the substitution beforehand.



Submitted October 2, 2026 at 07:26AM by WhiteTeeLab https://ift.tt/Uau17qQ

No comments:

Post a Comment