Thursday, August 15, 2024

The Dark Maiden Clothing: an Honest Review

This business is owned and operated solely by a single mother. Almost everything is made to order (MTO). So I get it. Sort of. Wait times are listed as 6-9 weeks. That’s typical for a small handmade business and that would be fine. I order most of my clothing MTO from small, female owned ethically sourced and sustainable fashion businesses so I’m used to waiting 4 weeks up to 12 weeks for an item (never once waited more than that and I’ve ordered multiple times from: Crossfox, SewMuchLove, Future Nomad, Rabbits Path, Spirit of Lunar, Run with the Tribe, Domunique, Ovate, and others). But I agreed to that 6-9 week time period BEFORE purchasing. In writing. That was 6 months ago. This was my second purchase. The first time took 12 weeks. I tried again because the clothes really are amazing. And I thought it was a one-off. This time I ordered a dress and subsequently watched the owner post for MONTHS their new collection release items, even one post that said “if you ordered before the announcement of the collection release, I will return to creating your item after the release is complete”, and received an email back saying ‘some people have to wait 6-9 months for Dark Maiden items to arrive’, then follow up emails saying the material I ordered wasn’t in stock, asking me for more money for a different material (this was 5 month after my order date, I caved and sent the $30, then was told ‘just enough material was found in the original color to make my dress and was refunded), then a final product was mailed not to the updated address I sent and which was confirmed, which was- albeit beautiful and quality, not the color i originally ordered. All in all I’m either personally despised by this maker though we’ve never met and my check-in emails consisted of address updates and a ‘do you have a timeline’ request a few months in, or this is how they operate their business. People should know before they order that nothing stated about production time is accurate, and collection releases will supersede your special order. You may or may not get exactly what you ordered, and you will probably not be treated like your requests for timeliness are valid. All in all I give 9 out of 10 for quality, 6 out of ten for timely responses to emails, and 1 out of ten for customer care/primacy.



Submitted August 15, 2024 at 03:19PM by No-Spinach-5062 https://ift.tt/42cyPFQ

No comments:

Post a Comment