Thursday, January 31, 2019

A conundrum

Is it more sustainable to buy something that you know you will like from a less sustainable brand, or to search around through sustainable brands, trying products until you find something you like? Even if you return things you don’t like and still end up with just one item, there’s all the shipping energy to be considered. The goal in either of these scenarios would be to keep repurchasing similar or the same products from the same brand.

The specific example I am thinking of is leggings. Would it be better to buy a pair from gymshark, that I know I like and I know how long will last me (I am pretty tough on my leggings, but I can get about a year+ out a pair of gymshark leggings, when often times others last 3-6 months) OR would it be better to buy from a sustainable brand. I actually recently tried from a sustainable brand and they lasted me all of a month before stretching out and getting holes.



Submitted January 31, 2019 at 02:41PM by mixeddrinksandmakeup http://bit.ly/2S48Elb

No comments:

Post a Comment