Sunday, February 3, 2019

Does 100% cotton include thread and labels?

I have always used the most powerful setting on an iron to get the creases out of t-shirts, but recently I have noticed the thread “melting” into the iron. It takes work to get it off, but the labels inside the shirt read 100% cotton.

Cotton doesn’t melt. So what gives? Are these shirts actually being made using cheaper plastic thread? What’s the reason for this, if not cost saving or manufacturing performance? How come brands can say 100% cotton when evidently that is not true?

The difference between shirts that seemingly contain plastic thread and ones that do not have the 1 dot iron symbol. The others have a 3 dot (Max) and can be ironed at the maximum setting.

Brands that I own that melt when I iron them:

Deux Ex Machina Brain Dead Sasquatchfabrix Lazy Oaf

Brands that do not melt:

Norse Projects Mollusk

I would like to learn more about this, could someone link me or enlighten me about this? Thanks



Submitted February 03, 2019 at 06:05PM by meridimus http://bit.ly/2HPIHRy

No comments:

Post a Comment