Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Small designers at Etsy & etc. - what is your opinion?

I have this dilemma: One of my fav places to visit is Etsy where a lot of small designers sell their clothes, and I just can't decide: is it still sustainable fashion if the designer is small and though (s)he is not using sustainable textiles, I am still supporting that someone in particular with my money, and not an anonymous sweatshop in a country with poor labour laws?

Or...is it basically the same level of bad? Is it better if it's an Etsy designer that also uses sustainable fabrics? And does their location play a role? Say, I found an amazing shop in USA that makes nice clothes from sustainable fabrics, but I am in Europe. What creates less waste - a conventional cotton dress from a European designer made in Europe sent to me within Europe, or a hemp dress made in USA, flown in to me to Europe?

What do you think?



Submitted February 19, 2019 at 04:04PM by mai_midori http://bit.ly/2SN84bx

No comments:

Post a Comment