Monday, June 24, 2019

Women's silhouettes in sustainable fashion

Hello guys!

So i was scrolling on Everlane today and it got me thinking... why do so many sustainable women's brands de-sexualize women? Over-sexualization is also a problem, but i feel like so many ethical and sustainable brands look like they were designed for modern puritans? Like, i love Everlane, but many times i have bought tanks from them and the cut of the neckline goes completely over my breasts whether its a low cut top or not and it's often super unflattering if you have anything larger than maybe a B cup. I feel like just go for a crewneck if you want everything completely covered, because the middle ground looks weird... I think brands like reformation are doing it right, the clothes look like they were designed for women and not androgynous droids. Obviously, these are just my opinions and i'm sure these cuts are flattering on some so if you love how you feel in them keep doing you! But my point is, I think they're conspicuously de-sexualized at the detriment of the actual fit of the garments is my point. And i think that will keep many out of the sustainable fashion market. Anyone else have any thoughts?



Submitted June 24, 2019 at 05:49PM by mixeddrinksandmakeup http://bit.ly/2Yaarnr

No comments:

Post a Comment