Friday, September 6, 2019

Is working in retail sustainable?

I’ll explain the title: basically this year I’ve been dedicated to buying sustainable clothing only. As In buying from charity shops, vintage secondhand shops and giving up my old clothes to charity shops. As fashion is very important to me, I’ve even started learning how to sew so I can upcycle my old clothes. I thought I was doing everything right, but something hit my today. I work for a retail store(both grocery and clothing) and although it claims it is sustainable I refuse to buy clothes from the shop because it doesn’t seem true. But I’m working there, so I’m basically benefiting from their exploitation of workers in Asia, right? Idk it just feels like I’m being a hypocrite but it’s also my source of income I’m confused.



Submitted September 06, 2019 at 05:52PM by blakppuch https://ift.tt/2ZEQOZv

No comments:

Post a Comment