Saturday, April 4, 2020

Brand Showcase/Feedback

Hey there everyone, I run a sustainable clothing line based out of Toronto and wanted to share with y'all our goal and vision

The brand is called "Uniquity" (uniquitytoronto.ca) and that's our website where if you click "what" you can read our expansive lore on the logos. The idea to work in sustainable fashion came because I really just liked how soft bamboo fabric was in comparison to pretty much any other fabric. From there I wanted to make it my niche to focus on sustainability, but also street style fashion. Most sustainable brands are female focused and also really heavy on "green living". Which is great, but I wanted to bring sustainable fashion to people who were closed minded to it, rather than already willing to switch their style for the sake of going green. Basically, the vision is to minimize the compromise for style and ethically made, especially for male/unisex clothing

Almost everything we've made is made and printed in Canada, but because I'm a student, and therefore so are most of my friends who wanted to support, I made two items that were not in that category just because it was requested. I will likely not continue to do this, as the costs to work with Canadian business that wasn't sustainable, was not much cheaper than the cost to work with Canadian business that is sustainable

The only thing really holding us back from growing further is creating the demand and getting the word out. We've done the research and we can make everything we want at home (guaranteeing proper labour conditions) and we can even use our own selected fabrics (minimizing water waste and carbon output) but obviously we need interest to move forward with those plans

I'm bringing all of this up because I want whoever sees this to understand that we aren't trying to push overpriced t shirts and hoodies (because compared to other sustainable brands, we're very competitive) but we're using these simple, and easy to produce items in order to generate the interest and sales necessary to expand as a brand, without giving up on our core values

Please explore the website, every new mailing list subscriber and instagram follower and interaction goes a long way to helping us move forward. I could talk more but I feel I've covered the basics, if anyone's interested please leave a comment or some feedback :)



Submitted April 04, 2020 at 07:34PM by fantomt https://ift.tt/3aKPQfP

No comments:

Post a Comment