Saturday, April 18, 2020

Fellow founders of sustainable brands: What's your stage and challenge(s)?

Hello, I'm working on an own sustainable womenswear brand in Vienna, Austria. I actually wanted to launch quite a time ago, but it seems that I will still need months ... (of course also due to Corona)

Honestly, I never thought it would take that long, and I feel it just takes much more time and effort if you want to use sustainable materials only and to produce in a sustainable and ethical way. For me as a one-woman show the main challenge was definetely searching suppliers for sustainable fabrics and manufacturers that also follow through with their sustainability promises and then to meet their MOQs. In contrast, if I had opted for non-sustainable materials or was producing in China or Bangladesh, I could have launched months ago..

Don't get me wrong, I definetely don't regret ensuring my brand will be fully sustainable and would never do it differently due to my core values, but sometimes it's just discouraging that making ethical choices is so difficult.

I just felt the need to share my opinion here to see if there're people out there who are dealing with the same issues. So I'm curious, who else is currently working on a sustainable brand? In which stage are you (prototype, searching fabrics/manufacturers, sampling, launched ...) and what are/were your challenges?



Submitted April 18, 2020 at 04:44AM by antoniavie_ https://ift.tt/3ezmwuY

No comments:

Post a Comment