Sunday, May 3, 2020

Fast fashion sugar coats social and environmental issues

Hey Reddit,

I have been thinking about the term fast fashion and reading up about all the ethical and environmental dilemmas and I think that the term really sugar coats these issues.

I know people who dont understand the term at all and think that fast fashion means that it was made quickly.

I would like to start using a word that reflects the issues correctly. That a woman most likely made the item in unsafe working conditions for less than a Euro. And that the mass production and disposal is harmful to the environment.

I'm not sure if there is another word already being used but would like some suggestions of words that already exist or new words that depict the social and environmental issues of fast fashion properly.



Submitted May 03, 2020 at 02:52AM by belue1997 https://ift.tt/2yoE2lr

No comments:

Post a Comment