Tuesday, July 21, 2020

DIY onion skin dye tutorial - reuse food scraps, and revamp old clothes

Like many people all over the world, COVID quarantine meant more DIY in my life. The first big change was cooking for myself every night instead of eating out, the second was discovering new hobbies to fill my time. A DIY food-based dye had always been on my list of things to do, but until now I had never had time. So, I spent months collecting onion skins every night from dinner, made a dye, and was able to revamp an old duster I had in the back of my closet - taking it from stained and slobby to something I now get tons of compliments on. I didn't realize just how easy at home dying can be. If I had I would have started doing it sooner. Seriously if you can boil water, you can probably do this. I would totally recommend for anyone looking to upcycle their clothes and get more life out of them. Does anyone have any other natural dye recommendations that I should try next? I am thinking maybe avocado pits.

https://shopvirtueandvice.com/blogs/conscious-shopping/onion-skin-dye-easiest-diy-tutorial



Submitted July 21, 2020 at 10:41AM by seedtostore https://ift.tt/2CpbKcP

No comments:

Post a Comment