Saturday, September 5, 2020

Starting off—-longish post

Hi Everyone,

Naturally sustainability is on everyone’s radar and until this evening (after watching a documentary) I was so oblivious to how fast fashion over consumption of clothes deeply impacted the environment. I will be honest I am guilty of fast fashion and always looking for next stylish outfit and never feeling like I have enough clothes and always buying more almost every week, holidays is especially bad, I will buy things for a holiday then, whilst I’m on holiday I’ll buy more as I feel I didn’t quite have the stuff I need! Terrible I know. A lot of this will come from self esteem issues and I never really feel confident in what I’m wearing, now recently I find myself cycling through the same 5 dresses. It’s true what they say, you wear 20 percent of your wardrobe 80 percent of the time. Here’s my challenge, I want to do my bit to help out, I want to reduce my carbon footprint have a detox and not purchase new fast fashion clothes. I’ve read about capsule wardrobes and swapping and up cycling and only having bare essentials. Any advice how to start, what do I need that’s essential, how to stop myself from buying new clothes all the time and get over my fashion anxiety? Please be nice Thank you!



Submitted September 05, 2020 at 06:54PM by kittymits https://ift.tt/3jR07Ly

No comments:

Post a Comment