Saturday, October 3, 2020

Launching my own sustainable tee & hoodie brand! Any feedback is appreciated (esp if it comes across as Greenwashing- which I 100% hope it isn't!)

Hi guys,

I've lurked on this sub before and also posted a couple of times. Having had my eyes opened about sustainable fashion and the ill effects of fast fashion, I decided to make a bit of contribution to the cause.

Bit of back story to my journey: I'm not the one who's completely comfortable buying secondhand clothes (I've tried, didn't feel comfortable and ended up returning it to the same place I bought it from 😔). On the other hand, when I looked to buy from good quality, sustainable brands - they were minimalist and very few had graphic options. And more importantly, when I added in shipping to NZ, I couldn't afford most of what was on offer anyways (eg. Shipping cost NZ$40 for Alternative Apparel to send a $80 hoodie!!). So I saw a gap in the market and decided to launch One Cuppa Tee - Apparel that send a message & are ethically & sustainably made.

www.onecuppatee.com One Cuppa Tee

The source product comes from Stanley/Stella, who are a B2B apparel supplier. After some research, I decided to partner with them because they did produce some of the highest quality apparel, AND it was in an affordable range. They exclusively use 100% GOTS certified, sustainably grown organic cotton sourced from India while the garments are made in Bangladesh and then shipped over to Europe. Not only that, their supply chain is certified by various independent bodies and standards, including GOTS, PETA, Fair Wear Foundation. They are also extremely transparent in their operations - to the point they publish a sustainability report every year!

We follow a simple production policy - print on demand (POD). None of the apparel is pre-printed. It is only when someone puts in an order that we print the design on the apparel and then ship it out! Our partners are based in France, where they bring in Stanley/Stella produced t-shirts to their print workshop. We have partnered with them as they have superior quality printing. They are one of the few companies in the industry that use water-based inks for printing, which are 100% eco-certified by the OEKO-TEX® ECO PASSPORT. They also happened to be the only POD company in the industry (as of date of writing) to ship in biodegradable, plastic-free packaging. Even the invoice is printed on recycled paper!

I've also partnered with a fellow Kiwi company, Carbon Click, to be the Carbon Offset partner. Every time you offset your carbon footprint of shipping by opting for the NZ$2 donation, you donate towards forest regeneration & conservation projects as well as high-impact international clean energy projects. You will also receive a follow up email where you can trace where your donation went!

All in all, I would your feedback on it, any design ideas that you might have, etc - basically any & every criticism you have to throw at me!! 🙌

TL;DR - I couldn't afford new sustainably made clothing, so I decided to launch my own in the range that the average Jane and Joe could buy it too! Need your feedback on it (and if you like any designs, always welcome to shop 😄)



Submitted October 03, 2020 at 11:18PM by GeeUWOTM8 https://ift.tt/3iv0TwE

No comments:

Post a Comment