Monday, October 26, 2020

Nail Polish

I stopped wearing nail polish a couple months ago. I know it is full of bad chemicals and creates useless trash in my opinion. But my mom was a nail tech so I've always had nail polish around me and always had painted nails and done nail art on myself (I'm an artist). The other day I was looking through my snapchat memories, and whenever my hand stuck out from behind the camera I had red nails, and I immediately felt "Oh my God, I miss colorful nails so much". Before i quit all together, I'd gotten into brands that were made with safer chemicals and higher quality. I do think the way fashion and we present ourselves is important, and nails have always been a part of my identity. (I have never worn any other makeup/face make up except for graduations and weddings). I want to eliminate waste and stomp on the nasty chemical nail industry but I also really miss that part of myself as I am not very confident either lately and don't feel entirely myself. I also feel like it is harder to preach sustainability with obvious chemical waste on my fingers :( I'm very down about this lately. Should I just get over it? What does everyone here do when it comes to fashion and nail polish? Thanks for reading :)



Submitted October 26, 2020 at 05:14PM by PsRandomQsaccount https://ift.tt/2IYZmD1

No comments:

Post a Comment