Tuesday, November 17, 2020

I built a browser extension and website that gives you brand sustainability information and better alternatives while you browse

I found myself spending a lot of time researching brands whenever I wanted to make a purchase. I really want to support the right brands, but it’s simply way too hard to figure out what brands are truly ethical. Since I'm a journalist and was doing the research for myself already anyway I decided to make something to help others to reliably make more sustainable choices as well.

So introducing.... Fairify! Me and my GF (also a journalist) have developed a framework that objectively measures how brands perform on the main pillars of sustainability (planet, people, animals) and display that information casually while you browse. Next, we give you better brand alternatives that match with the current brand you’re looking at. You can also request a brand in the extension, and we’ll research its sustainability. On our website, you can find elaborate reports on the brands we’ve researched. So basically, we do the research so you don't have to anymore. We currently feature about 250 fashion brands and keep adding more every day :)

Since most of you probably feel the same pain when shopping online, I'm really excited to share this with you and very curious about what all of you think! I've already posted this to /r/ethicalfashion, but we can really use the feedback so if you have any, let me know!

Chrome extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fairify/ihhnjaldplieckfjeajkofelmilcmboi?hl=en-GB

Cheers, Lars



Submitted November 17, 2020 at 09:08AM by larsjmr https://ift.tt/3pzC6wh

No comments:

Post a Comment