Friday, December 11, 2020

[[HELP A BROTHER OUT]] How do I verify legit sustainable & ethical brands?

Hi all,

Today is Friday & I'm writing a paper on how to ensure brands are legitimately leading a sustainable business. I understand that no one company or brand can be 100% sustainable, but brands can commit to indicate programs, initiatives and actions aimed at the preservation of the environment and future good. Identifying and verifying how brands attempt to achieve sustainability is the name of the game.

For the first half of my paper I'm breaking down how to identify sustainable brands and to do that, I've zoomed my focus in on the three footprints that play major roles in every brand's commitment to sustainability. I've done my best to accurately breakdown each footprint.

Please indulge me on your thoughts, take backs, what I missed, suggestions, etc.!

  • Environmental Footprint
    • Sustainable Materials
      • Natural/organic fabric, Upcycled/vintage fabrics, eco-friendly synthetic fabirc, vegan,
    • Ethical Production and Manufacturing Methods
      • Free of toxic pesticides, synthetic chemicals & herbicides
      • Minimizing the amount of water produced
      • Locally sourced - Made in USA
  • Social Footprint 
    • Fair Wages & Fair treatment of employees
    • Company values & morals including
    • Emphasis on diversity & creating an environment free of any forms of discrimination
    • Promoting sustainable/eco-friendly initiatives on their website
  • Economic Footprint 
    • Sustainable Certifications and Standards
      • i.e. Global Organic Textile Standard
    • Gives-back programs
    • Contributing to a circular economy, or closed-loop cycle

The second and third sections of my paper are going to focus on:

2.) Strong Indicators of a legit Sustainable & ethical brands

3.) Indicators of greenwashing and unfaithful brands

  • What key factors did I miss out?
  • Do I need to move some things around?
  • What are direct indicators of "greenwashing" and unfaithful brands?
  • What is the future of sustainability in fashion?

P.s. I love you & stay safe



Submitted December 11, 2020 at 05:51PM by I74OWL https://ift.tt/3gGGcOY

No comments:

Post a Comment