Monday, January 18, 2021

"sustainable" sweater brands you should never buy from

I debated for a while about writing this article. Normally I don't like to call brands out. But, ultimately I decided I needed to say something. After all, that is why I started virtue + vice, to give a real behind the seams look at fashion and share info that normally only industry professionals are privy to.

A lot of the brands that many people in this group think are "ethical and sustainable", are really just a bunch of bs crafted by marketing teams and sold to "influencers" in the form of free stuff for shilling their greenwashing message.

So, here it is. This is what me, and my industry friends talk about behind closed doors. Learn the truth about Everlane, Naadam, Fiber Shed, KD New York's "vegetable cashmere", and the racism and fake science at Panagia's core.

Plus I give a list of a few brands I truly respect in the animal fiber game.

https://shopvirtueandvice.com/blogs/conscious-shopping/ethical-sweaters



Submitted January 18, 2021 at 11:59AM by seedtostore https://ift.tt/39HISJp

No comments:

Post a Comment