Friday, February 5, 2021

CMV: ethical lingerie is way too expensive

I made a decision a while ago to only get clothes from places that guarantee living wages to all their employees. I understand this decision implies spending more per garment, and hopefully this also means it will last longer than a fast-fashion equivalent. This is to clarify that, even as a poor grad student, I am willing to pay more than the 5 USD you get when places like fredericks or victoria secret go on sales.

I’ve found great brands that sell basics that don’t break my bank account (pact apparel undies are great) but I refuse to pay 30++ (25ish on sale) for a nice, sexy thong with lace in it. What in the world justifies cashing out so much money for such a little amount of fabric? Why does it cost almost the same as a basic ethical t-shirt that probably takes a lot more labor to make?



Submitted February 05, 2021 at 09:29AM by chlorochrysa https://ift.tt/3awAT28

No comments:

Post a Comment