Sunday, February 14, 2021

The Ultimate Sustainable Fabric Supplier List

I have been seeing a lot of debate online about what is the "most sustainable fabric". The truth is, there isn't one.

When we talk about sustainable fabrics we need to think about the garment's intended use. One of my favorite examples is the hemp bikini. People these days are so pro-hemp, but the reality is that a bikini made out of hemp would be so uncomfortable, weigh about 30 lbs when you got out of the water, and also would break down quicker in sun, sand, and chlorine than nylon or poly.

There is no quick and easy answer to what is the most sustainable fabric. So, I used my textile engineering degree, and 13 years of industry experience to create this article to help everyone learn how to think about sustainable product development holistically.

Plus I have included a list of high-tech new sustainable fibers that I think are pretty cool. What are your favorite sustainable fabrics?

https://shopvirtueandvice.com/blogs/news/sustainable-fabric-suppliers-fabric-list



Submitted February 14, 2021 at 10:46AM by seedtostore https://ift.tt/3jZX19D

No comments:

Post a Comment