Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Let's make sustainable fashion more accessible!

Hi there!! I'm working on a personal passion project in user experience (UX) design and I would love all of your opinions on the intersection of sustainable fashion & technology!

My research questions is: How can we make sustainable fashion more accessible via apps? There's some more notes/description in my survey link, but right now I just need to gather some early research to better define my future goals for this project.

Some of my big ideas include:

Utilizing this app would create a means of cutting down on carbon emissions by way of:
1. Less transportation of shipments [i.e. shipping within America only (at this time)]
2. Zero waste shipping and packaging
3. Reusing/recycling clothing to ease fast fashion production

I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with Depop, Poshmark, and Grailed, but I've found that they employ a lot of concerning practices -- dropshipping being one of the worst points.

Anyways, it would mean a lot to get a discussion going about this. Thank you, everyone, in advance!

Here's the link again. Please let me know if you run into any issues in the process!



Submitted April 20, 2021 at 06:49PM by throatcote https://ift.tt/3v70hUR

No comments:

Post a Comment