Saturday, May 1, 2021

Fed up with online sustainable stores

Just need to rant today cause I am DONE.

I had been looking forward to ordering a pair of jeans from a sustainable jeans store for a looong time. They looked perfect and I had my geared myself up to spend 120 euros on them as soon as they got back in to stock. I double checked my waist, hips and inseam measurements at least twice so that I wouldn't have to do any returns because the store charges 5 euros for shipping and another 5 euros for returns.

Finally, I ordered the jeans in size 27/30 and low and behold, they're way too baggy and look ridiculous on me. To size down and order another pair of jeans, I'd have to pay another 125 euros for new jeans + shipping (which btw have no guarantee in being the right fit) and make sure I do it in time before the 30 day return period ends.

I never thought buying a classic pair of blue jeans would result in this level of stress and disappointment. I totally get that stores don't want people to overbuy and return unnecessarily but this experience has left me sour and stressed out.

Never shopping at online sustainable stores again, you just don't know what you're going to get and you'll be punished for trying to return clothes that don't fit right - you know what that results in? Wasted and unwanted clothes in our wardrobe which I thought was exactly what we were trying to avoid when thinking 5 times about a purchase and NOT going fast fashion.

Sometimes, I can see why fast fashion is just easier. But I will now spend my weekends rummaging through charity shops and second hand stores in search of my perfect jeans. 3 months in from deciding to buy a pair of blue jeans and no end in sight.

/rant over



Submitted May 01, 2021 at 09:59AM by Mangodust https://ift.tt/3teiPAZ

No comments:

Post a Comment