Sunday, June 27, 2021

Sustainable threds? Selling/Donating Clothes?

Kind of a brain dump:

I was thinking even thrifting clothes that have a natural textile; the thred to sew it together may not be? It may be mixed with rayon, polyester and etc... Even the tag says for example 100% cotton. Could the thred have some plastic in them?

And another thing-- most of my clothes have polyester and other stuff that's harmful for the environment. What do I do with them? I don't really want to sell/donate it because people will keep using it and it will shed microplastics. And I can't really afford a microplastic filter. But to be honest I'm still using some of them because I don't have too much of the more sustainable ones. But I'm trying to get more sustainable clothing. Thinking of just paying someone to make me one instead so I know exactly what is used.



Submitted June 27, 2021 at 10:59AM by aCupOfChamomile https://ift.tt/2U8YRf7

No comments:

Post a Comment