Monday, July 26, 2021

Can't Find Ethical/Sustainable Athletic Shoes That I Can Afford

Hey all, new to the sub, but figured this would be the best place to ask for advice on this front. I'm in need of a new pair of athletic shoes (primarily used for walking, but I occasionally try to run.) I'm looking for an ethical brand to buy, but I'm also in a bit of a difficult spot financially. The Allbirds Tree Dashers sound like a great shoe, but I'm having a hard time justifying $125 for shoes. (Note: all my life I've bought bargain shoes from Target and T. J. Maxx. I don't think I've ever paid over $60 for shoes. If I'd been buying Nike and Adidas all my life the switch would be much more natural.)

Does anyone know of an ethical shoe brand where I could get some athletic shoes for a little less? I'm willing to pay anywhere from $80-90. I understand that part of sustainable fashion is being okay with the higher price point to ensure that everyone is paid a living wage and the right materials are being used. If I need to end up going with the Allbirds, I can. I just figured it couldn't hurt to ask to see if I'm missing something.



Submitted July 26, 2021 at 08:32PM by NoTechIsAnIsland https://ift.tt/3iO4W9H

No comments:

Post a Comment