Friday, July 23, 2021

Opinions on sustainable merch?

Hi guys! I'm a student doing a project about fan economy, overconsumption, and sustainable fashion and I need some help.

When I was doing my background research, I found that merch (clothes) could be more unsustainable than fast fashion - people buy fast fashion to wear, but buy merch to support their fav artists, and some merch has never be worn and ends up in landfills.

So I'm looking for new possibilities for merch - for artists or brands, they could offer services of reprinting clothes for their fans on tour or in record stores, collaborate with sustainable clothes brands, etc. For fans, they could try to recycle and upcycle their merch.

What do you think of this idea? Please contact me if you have any opinions and want to talk about it!

Thank you >_<



Submitted July 23, 2021 at 05:22AM by chinesefountain1 https://ift.tt/2WbNdBs

No comments:

Post a Comment