Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Love my new sustainable shoes!

https://preview.redd.it/mxpvvcu8s4i71.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=34373cb17e30215c99a7ac37f9a25f637a40242d

They are made in Spain/Portuagal (really important to me as I want to support European production over cheap labour and bad working conditions) from Italian materials. A great addition to my European-made shoe collection (I have heels from the same company and winter boots from Sweden).

Funnily enough I was actually eyeing a pair of shoes from a large sneaker company that cost 150€ and when I came across these my first reaction was "they're too expensive". Like, compared to what though? The cheap pair found at the back of a supermarket? Maybe. But why was I literally ready to buy a more expensive, less sustainable shoe for no other reason than "I know they won't hurt my feet"???

It takes courage to break from bad habits. These companies don't have the same advertising budget as Nike, Adidas or Puma. They can't be tried on in every shoe store. It takes a leap of faith to try a new sustainable brand not at the least because money doesn't grow on trees and it's always such a pity when a product doesn't work out (I always feel so bad for all the materials gone to waste). But I'm so glad I took the chance on these and I hope they last me a long, long time.



Submitted August 18, 2021 at 11:01AM by the_slow_life https://ift.tt/3iZClzD

No comments:

Post a Comment