Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Unique fiber/techniques for textile traditions from communities around the world?

I’m a zookeeper working on a project about sustainable fashion/ textile production in general. I want to highlight how different cultures and communities around the world use the natural environment they live in to create their garments.

It might not be for everyday wear nowadays, but even if the techniques are still used for ceremonial items that would be nice. I just want to focus on techniques that haven’t been lost to time and could spark interest in getting more generations to learn them.

Unique weaving traditions and techniques, fibers from specific animals (even if wool or cotton has it been bred to be specific to that climate at least?). Specific dying techniques? I’m looking for items from as many parts of the world as possible.

Or… can anyone help provide me with resources or contacts that could help me? I’m in way over my head with this one haha.

Thanks all



Submitted September 29, 2021 at 11:16AM by Seastarstiletto https://ift.tt/39Pe89K

No comments:

Post a Comment