Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Sustainable or maintainable?

Hey chaps. I wanted to pose a question about sustainable fashion that I have been thinking about for some time. We all know that a huge portion of the garments industry is “fast fashion.” However I think some “sustainable” brands are also considered fast fashion. For example I purchased some cactus leather sandals. They weren’t cheap and broke in six months. I can contrast this with a leather jacket I own. I’ve literally had this thing for ten years. It was extremely expensive, but I have had the need to buy a new one. It still looks great after all this time.

Now one is made of real leather and the other is made of cactus leather. One broke after six months and the other has lasted me ten years and can be repair if it get worn out. Which is more sustainable?

If the leather jacket is the sustainable route which brands should I buy from to has sustainable clothing?



Submitted November 17, 2021 at 12:32PM by Boomietoom https://ift.tt/3qMT1yo

No comments:

Post a Comment