Monday, December 13, 2021

The challenge in the industry for both growth and sustainability

Being an advertiser in the Fashion industry and serving eco-fashion brands, I've noticed that there seems to be a conflict between hardcore sustainable brands and the fundamental principles of business (which is to grow and make a profit). As a result, many brands I talk to remain small and struggle for cash flow, using terms like 'greenwashing' to describe any moderately successful brand. Delivering slow, eco-friendly, sustainable fashion at scale seems to be a sticking point, opening the door for 'so-called' less sustainable brands that are more focused on growth.

So my question is. How does sustainable fashion ever become the dominant niche without consumer habits changing? And how does an eco brand overcome the challenge of hyper-growth and hypocrisy? Or is the whole point of the movement to kill off the fashion industry?

I will add that my agency focuses on growing sustainable brands since I feel the advertising industry is partly (if not entirely) responsible for the growth of fast fashion. Serving truly ethical brands is my way of giving back what my peers have taken from the industry. So feel free to DM me if you'd like to chat..



Submitted December 13, 2021 at 03:38PM by Sintech14 https://ift.tt/3IPFH2P

No comments:

Post a Comment