Friday, January 7, 2022

what to do with *very* old shoes?

I have a bunch of very old, very cheap dress shoes petrifying in the back of my closet. They're all "man-made materials" (various forms of synthetic plastics, glues, vinyl, rubber, nylon, etc.), 15-30 years old, and probably too brittle to be worn safely, so I don't want to donate them.

Many of them have thick rubber-like soles that could possibly be recycled/reused. Does anyone know of a designer/company/charity that recycles old shoes (other than sneakers)? I've found articles that list charities that recycle sneakers or distribute "gently worn" shoes to impoverished countries, but my shoes don't fall into either category.



Submitted January 07, 2022 at 03:08PM by Jamplesauce https://ift.tt/3qX5eix

No comments:

Post a Comment