Sunday, February 13, 2022

Buy or not?

I enjoy dressing up and doing cosplays. It’s something I’ve enjoyed doing for years with my friends but I would always just put something together as a “casual cosplay” as long as it looked similar to the character. But lately I’ve been wanting to have costumes to wear that are accurate. This isn’t a one time thing where I’ll never wear it again because I’ll definitely wear it whenever. But all of what I can find are most definitely fast fashion. I try to thrift whenever I can and limit how many clothes I purchase at once. But when it comes to costumes, you really can’t find anything that’s ethically made or at a thrift shop. I feel really guilty when I think about giving into fast fashion brands because I care a lot about being an ethical customer and about the garment workers. So I guess my question is should I leave it and give up on cosplaying even if I’ve wanted this dress for so long or should I just give into it because I know I’ll wear it a lot? I know it’s stupid to ask but I really want it and it’s not something I can sew up myself. I feel like buying it would be neglecting the garment workers though. I’m really on the edge here so if you could help that’d be great.



Submitted February 13, 2022 at 07:42PM by Alternative-Cut-2849 https://ift.tt/ZbHPl9u

No comments:

Post a Comment