Saturday, February 19, 2022

Sustainable packaging that still protects clothing from the elements?

I just got an order delivered from Everlane, who uses just paper for packaging. when i lived on the west coast this was fine. a package would show up ripped but my clothing was always fine. now, i live in ohio and my packages sit outside in the snow (thanks for never ringing the doorbell, delivery man). the snow seeps into the package making my clothes wet.

There's gotta be a better way to be sustainable while still taking into account the fact that not everyone has california weather all the time?? does anyone else have this issue with companies trying their hand at sustainable packaging? like i want the environment to thrive but i also don't want to spend $100s on clothing that will show up wet bcuz it's only shipped in paper. i had this same thing happen with & Other Stories, too.

When I did my & Other Stories return, I packaged everything back up in the paper bag like they recommend and took it to my local UPS store. They told me it would rip once it got to the hub and told me to buy a poly shipping bag. Like. It feels like these companies are a bit out of touch with 1. the customers that don't live on the west coast 2. the shipping companies/practices that don't always lend themselves to paper packaging.

I'm at my wits end here haha.



Submitted February 19, 2022 at 04:24PM by IWantBroccolii https://ift.tt/FXltx7Q

No comments:

Post a Comment