Friday, March 4, 2022

Sustainable pants and their quality

Hey r/SustainableFashion,

I do not know if this is the right place to ask this. But if this does not fit here, maybe you can direct me to the fitting subreddit!

For a while now I have been replacing my old clothes with sustainable clothes. This works for shirts and sweaters but it is hard to find high-quality jeans (or pants overall). I bought one pair of Nudie jeans which was damaged and unwearable after ca. 1 year. Since then, I have not been buying any sustainable jeans because I heard from other people (around 3-4 people from my family and friends, buying renowned sustainable fashion brands) that they had problems with sustainable pants as well. Mostly, the pants lost shape or were low quality in terms of manufacturing (stitching, durability, material) and had to be replaced after a short time span (ca. 1 - 1.5 years). This sucks because sustainable pants are really expensive and it drives us away from buying sustainable pieces.

So is this just coincidence? Or is the overall lifespan of sustainable jeans/pants just shorter? If so, is there an explanation for this?



Submitted March 04, 2022 at 03:06AM by Fjedsen https://ift.tt/9QXs51r

No comments:

Post a Comment