Sunday, April 3, 2022

Honey-like plugin to shop fashion sustainably

hello, fellow fashion and earth lovers, my name is Jeremy and I've just launched my first product last week. I'm building a Chrome extension to help people shop fashion sustainably. We empower consumers into making more informed decisions by providing env. and social impact aggregated scores.

I had always been passionate about the fashion industry and my parents used to work in the industry too. They would take me to see the factories in China. However, over time, seeing how devastating the fashion industry was in the surroundings of these factories in China really made me more aware of its waste and pollutions issue. I think you all already might know, but currently, for people like you and me, it's super difficult to really understand the environmental and social impact of your clothing purchases. It's especially hard with all the trends of greenwashing.

This is why I started Changing Room and built this Chrome extension that aggregates publicly available information on garment production and materials impact. Our scoring methodology isn't perfect, but I think it's already a great step towards being able to make informed purchase decisions.

I recently realized how hard it is to get people to download and try our product (even if it's free). I would really welcome it if you could download and test our first version and tell us if anything is going wrong so that we can work on fixing these bugs!

Thank you again for your time and for reading about my story.

Also please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions :)

Jeremy Yao

Eco-Index: shop fashion sustainably



Submitted April 03, 2022 at 01:42PM by jeremynem https://ift.tt/unl5ECa

No comments:

Post a Comment