Monday, May 23, 2022

Affordable, sustainable makeup brushes

I'm on the hunt for affordable, sustainable, ethically sourced makeup brushes. Specifically brushes for contouring, blush, bronzer, liquid foundation, powder foundation, and minute highlight/blending brush. I am having a hell of a time finding brushes that are sustainable, cruelty-free, aren't crazy expensive (I'm a broke ass bitch), and that don't seem like they're poorly made/sketchy/greenwashed. I'd like to buy them in a set because that's less packaging, but I really might be asking too much of the cosmetics industry here.

I have found some from Eco Tools that just don't seem like they're good quality, I've seen some from Thrive Cosmetics that cost an arm and a leg, E.L.F claims to be ethically sourced and they're working to be more sustainable but they don't prove their mica is sourced ethically, and I've seen others from various brands that are either very expensive or look sketchy in one way or another.

Am I unicorn hunting here? Do I need to lower my standards? Does anyone have any recommendations?

TL;DR: I might be asking for too much, but I want some makeup brushes that aren't too pricy, are sustainable/ethically sourced, and are cruelty free. Any suggestions?



Submitted May 23, 2022 at 11:47AM by Mistress-0f-all-evil https://ift.tt/Fhoy18V

No comments:

Post a Comment