Thursday, June 16, 2022

OGLmove - I'm not sure they know what "sustainability" means

There doesn't seem to be much talk about OGLmove online in sustainability communities so I wanted to share my experience. I was targeted by their ads claiming to be so "sustainable" and eco-friendly." I couldn't find too much diversity in reviews online but I took a chance and regret wasting my time.

The brand makes good, cute clothes. However, if you are looking for a sustainable clothing company OGL has greenwashing written all over it. I was duped and bought about $200 worth of stuff before seeing this video. I didn't do my due diligence and dig deeper into the materials the company claimed were "eco." I actually just went back to the website and it looks like OGL completely changed their page about their fabrics. Might be because of the video linked... Previously, they listed a lot of synthetic materials. Now, the descriptions of their fabrics are now even vaguer.

After seeing the sketchy responses in this thread from suspiciously new accounts raving about the company, I felt pretty validated in my choice to return everything. Their TrustPilot looks suspiciously new as well...

Returning was SUCH a hassle as well. I wasn't going to tell them "I'm returning because you're greenwashing" so I used the basic, it didn't fit/ not my style. They insisted on me keeping the clothes and sending me more. I told them I don't want the clothes and they kept insisting that I just donate the clothes. You'd think such an eco-conscious company would know donating clothes feeds into the mentality of fast fashion because people think they can just donate their clothes but the truth is it mostly ends up in landfills. I'm not sure if it's malicious greenwashing or if the company really has done no research on what is truly sustainable and good for the planet. (The dissolvable bags are cool but it comes off as gimmicky when you realize nothing else about them is really sustainable and eco-friendly. )

I had to insist 3 times that I wanted to return the clothes. I even paid $20 shipping myself because I was so done with it. It's a shame because if they were just a normal brand, I might actually consider them. But it looks like a lot of lies that made me return just off of principle.



Submitted June 16, 2022 at 10:25PM by Infinity-Cube https://ift.tt/29iK7RE

No comments:

Post a Comment