Thursday, June 23, 2022

Sustainable "made in China" or non-sustainable locally made?

I've recently purchased a jacket online, the company claims to be sustainable, produce small batches, empower women etc. Nowhere on the website did it state that the clothes where not locally made, and actually boasted about being a local company, without mentioning where the clothes are made. When I received the jacket and saw the label Made in P.R.C, I was actually so disappointed. (also I feel like people use that instead of Made in China as a way to hide the fact that it was made in China) Anyway... My other choice of similar jacket is a company that is based in my country, and the jackets get made here, but they do not claim to be sustainable. (only the more expensive jacket claims to be sustainable, but I'm looking in a similar price range). SO my question to you, do I return this Made in China jacket and lose the shipping fee that I had to pay to return it, so I can buy the garment made in my country (not sustainable necessarily), or do I keep it and live with the fact that it's made in China (Which I am strongly against, and admit that I should have emailed to check before committing to the purchase) ? I'm almost wanting to return it, lose the money for shipping and just not buy a jacket until next winter, I'm just so upset about it.

Also is this company greenwashing if they claim to be sustainable but ship jackets all the way from China, when there are many opportunities to employ local people in my country (we have a very high unemployment rate and many have the skills to make garments)??



Submitted June 23, 2022 at 07:15AM by dogcine https://ift.tt/hryMNcL

No comments:

Post a Comment