Wednesday, July 6, 2022

I just started working in a thrift store rant

I just started working in a thrift store and it has never made me hate capitalism and fast fashion more. I hate the idea of people buying new clothes and donating everything they own ever six months. I think we should hold onto clothes we own for longer even if we don’t like them. The stores are over flowing with women’s clothes and the only thing I would say to donate whenever is mens and kids clothes. Our store offers vouchers that people who need clothes can get when they are having a hard time financially. Most that come in are men or women with children. The mens section at thrift stores has for ever been so small compared to the woman so if your thinking of donating clothes that aren’t socks/underwear, winter wear, plus size, kids or mens and instead your H&M top that will falling apart soon just keep it and see if you’ll end up wearing it later. That’s better then a land fill.

I know that there’s a lot of underlying social and political issues that go along with all of this but it just makes me sad seeing that racks filled with clothes no one wants and the people that need to shop there can’t find what they need.



Submitted July 06, 2022 at 03:53PM by gildedbutterflies333 https://ift.tt/9SiB3YQ

No comments:

Post a Comment