Saturday, July 9, 2022

The polyester problem

Hello everyone! I’m in and out of sustainable parts of the internet, so I’m not always the most looped in and I’m wondering if anyone has an answer on this. My question is, should we be even thrifting synthetic fibers? I do my best to buy natural fibers whenever I buy new and even when I buy used already. However, I have a couple of items that are worn out and ready to be tossed or upcycled etc. what I’m wondering is if these fabrics are not safe for the environment, whether as trash or microplastics in the water, are they safe for our bodies? And is it something we can even be worried about since it’s all in the water already? If I upcycle these into let’s say a quilt or a rug, is that even something that I should be doing?

As a bonus, what do y’all wear to workout in? That’s the one area I am finding a lot of difficulty in not using polyester.



Submitted July 09, 2022 at 09:25PM by mixeddrinksandmakeup https://ift.tt/HusNrwB

No comments:

Post a Comment