Thursday, August 18, 2022

Wardrobe apps: useful in building a conscious closet, or too much work?

I have been using a wardrobe app for a few years now as it gives me visibility into what I’m NOT wearing which I can either use as a prompt to find more ways to wear it and/or learn from why it didn’t work for me so (hopefully) I can shop smarter in the future. While materials and production methods matter in sustainable fashion, I firmly believe the most important thing is to buy fewer things and get more use out of each of them, so this is really important to me.

Pre-pandemic I used Stylebook which worked okay. But during the pandemic, I fully fell off the tracking bandwagon. For me, the fun of wardrobe tracking comes from gamifying my cost per wear: I look at the items in my closet that have a higher cost per wear and try to find new ways to wear them so I can lower that CPW. But this became a lot less fun when I was basically just wearing the same outfit of leggings and tees everyday. I really fell into a rut.

Now that I'm venturing out a bit more and wearing many more "real" clothes, I've revisited the idea of wardrobe apps and looked to see if any other better options have popped up. I ended up trying out a newer one called Indyx. The UI can be a little buggy, but it was entirely free to download and use and the photo processing is quite good. I also think it’s cool that once you catalog your wardrobe, you have the option of connecting to one of their personal stylists to actually help you style from your closet.

Basically I'm wondering: does anyone else do this, or am I the weird one?

If you do like to track your wardrobe, what do YOU use? What makes it fun for you? I'd love to learn from others!

Are you curious about wardrobe tracking, but just can't get over the hurdle of cataloging your closet? Or are you someone for whom the entire idea of wardrobe tracking just gives you the heebie-jeebies because it takes all the fun out of it? I want to hear from the people who definitely don't do this too!



Submitted August 18, 2022 at 10:30PM by devynator https://ift.tt/g3OV0HA

No comments:

Post a Comment