Saturday, August 6, 2022

What are some important notes to know about how to make sustainable fashion?

Help?

I'm actually kinda new to this sustainability thing. There's a design competition I want to join and the theme is about sustainability, but mostly focus on upcycling.

I actually joined a sustainability design competition 2 years ago with my zero-waste and transformative design as my main special feature. I didn't make it to top 3, only at 4th place.

I want to give another try this time. But I don't think I could have anything to upcycle. The only thing I could think of was totebag. I have some totebags, like from McD etc. But some people said it won't be comfortable to use totebag material for clothes. And I might gonna need a lot of totebag to make like, maybe a coat, and I only have some, so I might have to cheat the competition by buying some more totebags online. Another thing I have is probably used mask (KF94). Same problem, the comfortability. And some people said it's kinda disguting. Also that means I'm gonna need a lot of masks for that, which I have to cheat again. I don't want to sacrifice my clothes. So I don't know what other option I have.

Honestly, I don't know much about sustainability. I was shocked when the jury asked me about the carbon, the labor, the wage, the price, etc cause tbh, I only like the designing process.

So what are some important notes to know about how to make sustainable fashion? Any advice?



Submitted August 06, 2022 at 06:36PM by Zachcruise https://ift.tt/zi0JqS8

No comments:

Post a Comment