Sunday, January 1, 2023

For Days Review

Hadn't seen many recent reviews of For Days, so I figured I would write one! Ordered back in the fall.

For Days was advertised to me on Instagram, and I finally bit (curse you algorithm!) and ordered their take bag bag, then later a jumpsuit. I was intrigued by their take-back bag, mainly because I had a lot of clothes I knew I wanted to get rid of, and it seemed like a sustainable way to get rid of clothing versus blindly donating it somewhere.

How the Take Back Bag works - you order the bag, put your stuff in there (one thing that appealed to me is they take any sort of clothes; ripped, stained, linens, whatever), then ship the bag out using their provided label. I paid $20 for my bag, and that $20 is then converted into a credit for their online store.

Service - both the bag and the jumpsuit took a while to get to me. The bag wasn't shipped for weeks, enough that I got jumpy about being scammed and DMed them on Insta to figure out what was going on. They let me know they were busy, and had limited staff so orders would take a while. The jumpsuit took maybe two weeks from when I ordered it to when it was delivered.

Quality - bag is as expected; getting the label was easy enough. The jumpsuit I am disappointed in. The day I got it I liked it; it fit me pretty well and while the fabric didn't feel that nice, it felt solid enough. After one wash though, it felt pretty baggy around my butt (I am not super blessed in that area so it wasn't a me problem) and the straps were already so stretched out despite me never hanging it up. I regret buying it, because now I have another piece of clothing that I don't really want or need. I will keep it for now for lounging in, but it's gone next chance I have to donate clothing. Older reviews I have seen mentioned similar issues, it's a shame they haven't corrected in the meantime.

Price - the bag feels more expensive, but of course you're really buying store credit. Clothes themselves. Original store prices are way overpriced for the quality; sale prices (which it seems like are not uncommon) seem much more fair.

Overall it's a bummer how disappointing it was! I appreciate their philosophy about circular economy but I would much rather keep putting my money in brands like Patagonia for clothing that will actually last.



Submitted January 01, 2023 at 05:32PM by lamsoop https://ift.tt/745STl8

No comments:

Post a Comment