Sunday, February 19, 2023

Good deal or not

I am planning to start selling some upcycled products this year (first by myself online). But now I got contacted by a -sort-of-cool(?)- store . They are a 'platform to promote local designers' (of which none i ever heard of).
Their conditions are: You have to rent a clothing rail for €400 a month + vat / a small shelf for accessoires for €200 (0,5 x0,5 m) + vat / bigger shelf €300 (+ vat 1x1m) . Online store costs 100/month
Than on top they take a cut of 30% of each sold item.

Oh yeah and they offer 'social media promotion' included (they post things on instagram facebook and pinterest) , which i am quite sceptical of

I wouldn't be able to do this at the moment time and money wise but I'm just wondering, is this a normal concept that small designer have to pay a fixed fee to even put their products in a store? I know 30 per cent cut is not a lot but all together.. it makes sense why the prices are quite ranked up.

My friend said it is a bad deal but what any professionals here that can offer some insight?



Submitted February 19, 2023 at 05:18AM by PeerCoxFashionRec https://ift.tt/beaN520

No comments:

Post a Comment