Friday, April 28, 2023

How do you approach making your wardrobe sustainable?

There are so many ways to think about building a more sustainable wardrobe– I'm curious what you all prioritize when it comes to participating in fashion sustainably.
A few considerations that come to mind for me when considering a clothing purchase:

  • Sustainable/ ethical production process: Were human and environmental wellbeing front and center during the design & production of this item?
  • Durability: Can I wear and use this piece for a long time?
  • Versatility: Can I use this item in lots of scenarios? With lots of other things in my closet?
  • Uniqueness: Will this item add something meaningful to my wardrobe? Will I cherish it and really enjoy using it, for (hopefully) years to come?
  • Lifecycle: What will happen when this piece wears out, or no longer works for me? Can it biodegrade? Can I upcycle it? Resell it?
  • Other options: Are there reasonable vintage or second hand alternatives? Could I make something similar?

What other considerations come to mind for you? What do you prioritize when it comes to building a sustainable wardrobe?
[Humble request if you're interested in this topic, not intended to spam this space] I'm so passionate about durable, expressive clothing that can keep up with life's various adventures that I'm beginning the journey of starting a sustainable clothing line. If you happen to have 10-minutes to share your input to inform my product design direction, I'd be so eternally grateful. There's also a nice perk offered for completing the questionnaire here. Thank you for considering! 🙏 ❤️



Submitted April 29, 2023 at 02:14AM by isabella-and-jack https://ift.tt/YbzcGIE

No comments:

Post a Comment