Monday, July 3, 2023

Does anyone know of any groups/ collectives that specialize in community outreach/ promotion for young designers trying to accept donations of old clothing?

Basically what I am asking for is a way/ platform to reach out to people in order to take their old clothes, fabric scraps, bags, etc. and use the materials to create new pieces from. I get by with my brand by making do with local donations and such, but I’m once again running low. I take the old clothes and such and make new fabric out of them by stripping them down into yarn. I recently had my first professional runway debut at VFW and since then I’ve been running low on supply. I’m not sure if this will help but I basically take anything (expect leather, my machine broke so I can work with it). My pieces have a lot of time and love put into them, and I’ve recently had to start cutting up my own clothes to make ends meet.

TLDR: I’m just trying to stop clothes from being thrown away and Id like to reach out to people who have clothes to give away so i can turn them into one of kind bespoke pieces for my next collection. If there’s any group or person out there reading this I’d like to take your old clothes and turn them into something new.

Thank you! This is my website if your curious about my process: Kurriizmatic.com



Submitted July 03, 2023 at 09:48AM by kurriizma https://ift.tt/DIGlb1a

No comments:

Post a Comment